OUR SOLID REPUTATION
CitiGroup Properties is a team of highly regarded real estate professionals who have built a solid reputation for providing top quality real estate management services. Over the past two decades, we have earned the trust of our clients, which include large national companies, pension funds, private real estate investors and condominium corporations.
Our thorough knowledge, extensive experience and strong relationships in real estate markets enables us invest successfully in those markets for our clients, and to manage their investment properties wisely. Our goal is the same as our clients, to create long term real estate value.
Since 1987, we have expanded our portfolio of properties managed to almost 100, with an estimated market value of almost $1 billion.
The fact that our clients have remained with us for many years demonstrates our ability to get the job done.
WHAT WE DO
CitiGroup Properties provides a full range of real estate services from investment management, property management, leasing and brokerage to development and project management. Our strengths are what our clients have come to rely on. They include:
- Critical analysis and careful thinking into decision-making throughout the investment and management processes.
- Practical solutions for entrepreneurial property investments.
- High quality performance and integrity through staff and management practices.
- Services without conflict of interest.
At CitiGroup Properties, we know our reputation is built on performance you can trust. This means demonstrating continued strong results for our clients. Here are just some of the things we have accomplished consistently:
- Identifying properties with significant vacancies, acquiring these assets at excellent prices and then immediately filling the vacant space with long term government tenants.
- Increasing asset values by increasing rentable areas, converting short-term tenancies into long term tenancies, and reducing operating costs through electricity to gas conversions.
- Developing properties under public private partnerships that are considered examples of how the P3 process should work.
- Achieving 100 per cent occupancy in properties when the general market had a vacancy of 20 per cent.
- Resolving within a portfolio of properties significant outstanding disputes between the landlord and tenants to the satisfaction of all parties
Some of our clients include the Investors Group, The Halifax Regional Municipality, Morguard Investments Limited, the Silverstone Group, The Province of Nova Scotia, the Bragg Group of Companies, the National Research Council, and the Province of New Brunswick.
OUR AFFILIATED COMPANIES
Hawthorne Capital Inc.
CitiGroup is wholly owned by Hawthorne Capital Inc. – a midmarket Merchant Bank based in Halifax, Nova Scotia specializing in acquiring and growing established small to medium sized enterprises. In addition to CitiGroup, Hawthorne owns Belmont Health & Wealth – a regional provider of group benefits and wealth management services, Veranova Properties Limited – a national supplier of property management services for residential and commercial properties, various commercial real estate assets and an interest in Crown Capital Partners Inc. Hawthorne is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thornridge Holdings Limited – a private holding company with interests in High Liner Foods Inc., Envirosystems Inc., Annapolis Group Inc. and Glen Arbour Golf Course.